Hear Women Centres Empower Women
Hear Women Centres, in concert with international partners, provide services to women and girls of all ages, focusing on Health & Well-being, Gender Based Violence and Earning a Livelihood. Underlying all is the goal to advance women’s full and effective participation at all levels of political, economic and public life.
Hear Women Centres offer women a place of safety to learn and to speak, to gain support and guidance, and to connect and share with one another.
Centre Activities Include:
- Workshops to help women learn their rights
- Training on avoiding gender based violence – including Female Genital Mutilation (FGM). Specialised training is provided for professionals as well as families and students, with referrals being given to those at risk.
- Training on how to speak out – on issues of importance to women themselves and to their families.
Additional Services Offered
- Coffee mornings – these enable women from the East and North African communities to connect with one another.
- Exercise classes
- Learning opportunities – including courses in healthy cookery, English and IT.
- Financial Workshops – debt advice and money management to help women with financial planning.
- Job Referrals – we are also able to help with job referrals and CV preparation.
- Family Excursions
Express your Opinion – Let us know if there is a problem – please complete this form if you have any concerns.