Health and wellbeing Hear Women works with local organisations to provide women and girls with information to improve their health and wellbeing through:
Programmes combating violence against women and girls
– we campaign to end violence and harmful practices against women such as FGM . We provide psychological support and referrals and offer a professional training programme to assist those affected by and at risk of Female Genital Mutilation/cutting and gender violence, in the UK and Africa.
Programmes to address health and well -being
– we help women to gain confidence in themselves by giving them the tools for self-development
Political participation, peace and security
We promote women’s political participation and advocacy in fragile countries in Africa by working with local governments and Diaspora communities and through our leadership training programmes.
Volunteer Opportunities to make a difference
Develop your skills and experience in an area that interests you and make a valuable contribution. You will gain experience of working in an international development organisation. We will provide lunch and travel expenses as well as a reference on request.
If you can commit and you support Hear Women’s Vision, you may be able to volunteer at our London office. Please note: we do not send volunteers overseas.
If you are an experienced practitioner or professional in one or more of the following areas, we invite you to work with us:
• Vocational skills Training
• Mental Health Practitioner
• Advocacy and Campaigning
• Monitoring and Evaluation
• Financial Management
• Fundraising and Communication
• Community Engagement